dating for unge under 18 Randers - Latin dating Svendborg
The last guardian of the priory, Hans Gaas, quickly accepted the Lutheran Ordinances and became the first Lutheran pastor of Our Lady's Church (Danish: Vor Frue Kirke) in Svendborg. The friars went to other Franciscan houses outside Denmark or returned to secular life.
The buildings were blown up, the ground levelled and the site in the town centre redeveloped with houses and shops: some buildings used parts of the old friary walls as foundations.
The churchyard containing thousands of common and noble graves was cleared and the most recently buried bodies transferred to a cemetery a few streets away.
During the 15th century it expanded considerably, and the buildings were extended several times.
The main friary precinct of this period consisted of a rectangular enclosure containing a church, dormitory, refectory, and servants' quarters, as well as a cloister surrounding a central garden.
When Christian III's troops took Svenborg and the rest of Fynen in 1534, they pillaged the town and its churches.